The Senior Business/Quality Assurance Analyst role is an integral part of the software delivery team within TeachForward, helping to ensure that products are successful, and that delivered solutions solve our customers’ business needs.
What you’ll be working on
At TeachForward you’ll be working on products that impact teaching and learning in the U.S. and throughout the world. You’ll be working with a specialized team of professionals with a reputation for delivering quality products on time. Our team is top-notch, and we want you to make it even better.
The majority of your time will be spent:
- Understanding and confirming product requirements, and creating and documenting tests based upon them
- Manually executing functional, regression, and smoke tests during integration and system test phases
- Documenting test results and effectively communicating them to the team
- Ensuring thorough testing, and doing your part to ensure project goals are met
- Reporting issues in defect tracking system
- Participating in internal defect triage discussions, ensuring successful resolution of found defects
- Updating test plans to reflect changes in requirements
- Achieving in-depth functional knowledge of the software system
- Drafting release notes and sharing with the team
- Adapting to team processes and integrating them into day to day work as needed
- Putting best practices to work to improve our quality
On any given day you may:
- Engage with the product owners to refine requirements and identify enhancements
- Actively participate in identifying and deciding between tactical and strategic solutions
- Document and communicate QA-related risks to internal team
- Identify and communicate gaps in user experience and usability of implementation
- Provide software demonstrations for internal team members
What you bring to the table
Successful candidates have a passion for testing software, are adaptable, learn fast, and have demonstrated experience in delivering reliable software. You like the support and collaboration of a fantastic team, and leave an impact by helping to ensure project success - not only testing to make sure a solution is free of issues that would impede business, but that it actually meets client requirements and needs.
What makes you great is that you also bring:
- 5+ years of proven experience testing browser-based software applications
- Knowledge of testing and quality assurance methodologies
- Great understanding of the Defect Life Cycle
- Ability to execute test cases in latest desktop, tablet and mobile devices on latest browsers
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with varied and diverse audiences
- Proven success working as a member of a fast-paced software development team
- Experience in the full software development life cycle from design to deployment
- BA/BS degree or foreign equivalent, or equivalent work experience
- Motivation - you’re a natural self-starter and proactive. You are capable of jumping in with minimal instruction and figuring out what should be done
- An agile mindset - you are flexible in your approach and able to pivot when necessary
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, keep to tasks and deadlines, and be organized
TeachForward is a remote company, so members of the team have the flexibility to live and work from anywhere in the United States. Therefore, we will consider anyone who is a good fit, can travel on occasion for in-person meetings, and is authorized to work in the United States.
This is a full-time salaried position with paid vacation and holidays. We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as life insurance and short and long-term disability insurance. We also have a 401-K plan with a company match.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity. Our ability to develop high-quality products depends on having a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents.
If this position interests you, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include [Senior Business/Quality Assurance Analyst] in the subject of the email. If we think you may be a good fit, we will contact you with the next step in the application process. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your work.