What you’ll be working on
At TeachForward you’ll be working on products that educators rely on every single day to further their professional development. Your work will impact teaching and learning in the U.S. and throughout the world. You’ll be working with a specialized team of development and quality assurance professionals with a reputation for delivering quality products on time. Our team is top-notch, and we want you to make it even better.
On any given day you may:
- Engage with the product owners to refine requirements and identify enhancements
- Produce efficient, performant, and scalable code
- Mentor team members to level up our overall skill set
- Review pull requests and provide constructive feedback
- Dig into system issues to understand and fix the cause, not the symptom
- Actively participate in identifying and deciding between tactical and strategic solutions
What you bring to the table
You can work independently to get things done while collaborating with others on architectural and process decisions. You are comfortable with giving and receiving feedback from your teammates and others in the organization. You can think on your feet and conceptualize what needs to be done from incomplete and evolving requirements. You hit deadlines and communicate effectively.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Experience building REST API's with Node.js
- A proven history of creating scalable architectures
- Experience working with and designing distributed backend services
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL and/or Amazon Aurora
- Experience with non-relational databases
Bonus points for:
- AWS experience
- Spring Boot, Grails, or Micronaut experience
We are a distributed company with working groups in the greater Minneapolis, New York City, Austin, and San Francisco areas. While we work primarily remotely, we do meet periodically in person for strategy and design sessions. However, we’ll consider anyone who is located in the United States, a good fit, and can travel on occasion. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
This is a full-time salaried position with paid vacation and holidays. We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also have a 401-K plan with a company match.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity. Our ability to develop high-quality products depends on having a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents.